I won’t miss:
1. Driving painfully slow behind some kind of large farm equipment.
2. Watching local news story about reporter driving large farm equipment for the first time. (It was on last night’s news)
3. Winter although this winter has pretty much been a piece of cake.
4. Ice skating on sidewalks.
5. Only having 3 grocery stores to choose from. There were 5 when we moved here 20 years ago.
6. Lack of dining options, especially when it comes to ethnic foods.
7. Dodging deer on the road.
Things I’ll Miss
1. The lack of traffic at rush hour or any hour really. Except during fair week.
2. Experiencing the true four seasons in a year. As much as I have hated the cold and the humidity, the change of seasons have always been amazing.
3. Catching up with friends at Wal-Mart. There’s been lots of great impromptu conversations in those aisles.
4. The bunny family that has lived under our deck for the last dozen years or so. It’s always so much fun to see the new batch of babies as they learn how to fend in their bunny world.
5. Having the UPS guy ask if I want the package he has for me dropped off at home or work.
6. Discounted medical care from my many doctor friends who have made being uninsured much more manageable.