We just got back from our week-long vacation. Did we go to an exotic location? Why yes we did! The wilds of Northeast Missouri. It was wonderful to catch up with our many friends and be part of an amazing wedding. Here are some of my parting thoughts as we flew back to the Central Valley.
I don’t miss:
1. Driving painfully slow behind some kind of large farm equipment.
2. Watching local news story about reporter driving large farm equipment for the first time. (It was on last night’s news)
3. Winter although this winter has pretty much been a piece of cake.
4. Ice skating on sidewalks.
5. Only having 3 grocery stores to choose from. There were 5 when we moved here 20 years ago.
6. Lack of dining options, especially when it comes to ethnic foods.
7. Dodging deer on the road.
Things I Do Miss
1. The lack of traffic at rush hour or any hour really. Except during fair week.
2. Experiencing the true four seasons in a year. As much as I hated the cold and the humidity, the change of seasons was always been amazing.
3. Catching up with friends at Wal-Mart. There’s been lots of great impromptu conversations in those aisles.
4. The bunny family that lived under our deck for a dozen years or so. It was always so much fun to see the new batch of babies as they learned how to fend in their bunny world.
5. Having the UPS guy ask if I wanted the package he has for me dropped off at home or work.
6. Discounted medical care from my many doctor friends who made being uninsured much more manageable.